Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Piece of Peace

Yesterday, I went for an hour break away from the demands of being a mom. Within the hour, I rode my bike to a nearby park with lots of space and found a spot of my own where I could be left alone. It seems like it has been years since I last felt peaceful. But I finally found my piece of peace.

Here's a poem or blurb or whatever I wrote about my moment: 

My Piece of Peace
I lay my back upon the earth and feel the damp of the ground beneath me.
When my eyes are open, the leaves of a maple tree are dancing in the breeze.
The air's movement through the leaves reminds me of my inner calm.
I let my eyelids gently shut to focus in on the sound.
It is then I also hear a bird chirping playfully in a nearby tree.
In that moment my muscles loosen in my face, at my arms, and along my neck.
I had since forgotten to enjoy my moments awake.
This minute is slow, uncalculated, gentle.
I can sense my heart easing up, putting to rest its most recent pains.
There is only me, a soul, listening in on nature's shameless story.

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment